For Nikah services at The Nova Scotia Islamic Community Centre (NSICC), please complete the steps below:
- Obtain a marriage license from the local county courthouse/office and submit a copy of it before the Islamic marriage appointment.
- Complete our Nikah Service Request Form below and submit it no later than seven days prior to the date of the Nikah ceremony.
- Bring two witnesses for the Nikah ceremony.
- Bring photo IDs to the Nikah ceremony. Copies of photo IDs will be kept at NSICC for records keeping.
- We do our best to accommodate your schedule, but please note that this does not guarantee a meeting at the selected time. The Imam will contact you to set an appointment. Please note that the wait for a weekend or holiday appointment might be longer.